Martin Arnold are committed to providing graduates with the training and expertise needed to establish successful careers in the built environment. We pride ourselves on offering outstanding training to help our graduates reach their highest potential.
70% of our Directors and 50% of our Associates joined the business at Graduate level and have progressed to lead, develop, and grow Martin Arnold into the established business it is today.
Martin Arnold offers 3 main levels of training programme:
BSc Degree Surveying Apprenticeship – Part-time study
If you are wanting to combine studying with gaining valuable work experience, degree apprenticeships enable you to take up full-time paid work alongside a part-time university programme, helping you to get a head-start in your career. This is the perfect option if you’re unsure whether the traditional university route is right for you.
Your training and tuition fees will be paid for. Please note that degree apprenticeships are not covered by student loans and therefore, you will have to cover your living costs.
MSc Building Surveying – Part-time study
- Your training and tuition fees will be paid for.
- Once a week, you will be released from your work duties so you can study.
- The programme is delivered through UCEM remote tuition and learning.
- Please see the entry level requirements on the UCEM website for further details.
Graduate – RICS-accredited degree
You have completed your RICS-accredited undergraduate degree and are now looking to start your surveying career in a full-time employed role.
Martin Arnold also consider employing graduates already on their BSc and MSc courses on self-funded routes, on a part-time basis. Please enquire if you are on such a route and are interested.
From March to June, starting in September
New graduates and part-time postgraduates:
January, starting in the summer/autumn
Our commitment to teaching and mentoring you through your Chartership journey is always the same, regardless of the level which you join us.
For those studying, Martin Arnold collaborate with a number of London-based universities such as Westminster, Greenwich and London South Bank, ensuring flexibility for our students and allowing them to choose a training programme which aligns with their ambitions.
For those eligible for the APC, our industry-recognised commitment to converting APC candidates into RICS members has resulted in a high success rate, above the figures published by the RICS.
The minimum training period on the APC, set by the RICS, is two years. The majority of our candidates, with the right focus, dedication and commitment, will sit the APC assessment within 2-3 years.
Why Martin Arnold?
Every candidate benefits from:
- 8 members of the management team being active APC Assessors for the RICS, who are committed to preparing candidates for the final assessment.
- A counsellor who is always a candidate’s Line Manager or a Chartered Surveyor mentor in the same team, and fully aware of workload, tasks and experience.
- Our established APC Forum, where APC candidates can gain extra support from their peers and experienced members of staff.
- Bespoke weekly APC sessions for the final 3 months of assessment.
- A formal mock interview with our APC Assessors and Chartered staff.
- Internal and external CPDs, provided to meet RICS requirements.
Nobody shadows at Martin Arnold. You will be taught and as you progress, you will be given tasks and responsibilities that will increase with your knowledge, competence, and experience.
Project running, site and survey experience run in parallel with your education and are the foundations of development. 99% of our new candidates will be on site or surveys in their first week of joining.
"I chose to pursue an apprenticeship with Martin Arnold so that I could gain exposure to the construction industry and obtain the knowledge I needed for a successful building surveying career. Combining work experience with academia has helped me to develop a broad base of knowledge and see how theory is put into practice. MA have been supportive throughout."
- Dominic Potter
We encourage all of our staff to continue their learning, even after they’ve completed their APC. Martin Arnold run a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme which comprises 3 branches of training:
- Minimum 10 lunchtime seminars per year, hosted by a variety of different external companies and bodies
- Friday afternoon sessions, hosted at 4:30pm each week for one hour, focused on an industry relevant topic and led by our qualified staff
CPD and LLL
Get In Touch
Please get in touch if you’d like to know more about us and how we work with our clients, consultants and colleagues.